Tamang Heritage Trail
Having a great religious significance the lake Bhairav Kunda, named after the destructive aspect of Lord Shiva (God Bhairav) is revered by both the Hindus and the Buddhist alike. This is a particularly popular pilgrimage site for those people belonging to the Shamanic tradition. Located at an altitude of 4250 meter, north east of Kathmandu Valley this approach takes you closely to Nepal - Tibet border. The trek provides you with broad exposure to both the rural ethnic culture with the opportunity to experience unique Shamanistic culture prevalent in this region complimented by excellent mountain views and mesmerizing scenic walk in the wilderness.
The Bhairav Kunda Trekking starts from Jalbire. It takes around five-hour by bus, which you can directly catch from Kathmandu to reach at the Tibetan border. While we travel by bus we happen to see the scenes of beautiful mountains, the terraced fields and typical houses of rural villages of different ethnic groups residing alongside the road. There are varieties of different programme available from which you may wish to combine the Bhairav Kunda Trek with either Bhoti Khosi River rafting or Bungee Jumping.
Total Days in Nepal: 14 Days.
Trekking Days: 10 Days
Destination: Bhairav Kunda
Starting from: on the Arniko Highway
Eanding point: Larcha by the Arniko Highway
Maximum Altitude : Bhairav Kund (4250m) Elevation profile
Accommodation: Lodge / Camping
Type of trek tour: Camping trek only
Group size: 1+
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel, brief about the trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen.
Day 02: Katmandu Valley sight seeing. And prepare for Trekking
Day 03 : Kathmandu- Jalbire (1000m.) - 5 hours
Day 04 : Trekking to Gatlang 6:00 hrs
Day 05 : Chanaute - Khani Gaon (2000m.) 6hours walk.
Day 06 : Rest day with Local Village sightseeing
Day 07 : Khani Gaun - Forest Camp (3150m.) 6-7 hours walk
Day 08 : Forest Camp - Pati (3765m.) 5 hours walk.
Day 09 : Pati - Bhairab Kunda (4250m.) 3 hours walk.
Day 10 : Bhairab Kunda - Sherpa Gaun (2500m.) After Sunrise view 6-7 hours walk.
Day 11 : Sherpa Gaun - Larcha (1500m.) and visit Hot spring (Kodari highway)
Day 12 : Larcha - Kathmandu drive by bus 5-6 hours.
Day 13 : Sight seeing Bhaktapur City.
Day 14 : Departure from Nepal as per time.
Cost include on:
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up & drop by private car/van/bus
- 2 nights Toruist class hotel in Kathmandu Breakfast.
- Guided Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour with English speaking Tour guide
- All meals during trekking 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunches and Dinners, Tea and coffee)
- Camping equipments (Two men tents, dining tents, kitchen tents, toilet tents, sleeping bags, mattresses, down jackets),
- English Speaking trekking guide, a cook, cooks helper, porter/s, and other helping staffs.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, sleeping tents and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Trekking Permit for Bhairav Kunda Trek
- New TIMS permit (Trekking Information Management System) Card for Bhairav Kunda Trek
- All local Transpiration from and to Kathmandu by private car/van/bus
- Government tax 13%
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee. you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Katmandu
- You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Food in Kathmandu.also arrive early from the trek due to any reason.
- Extra night hotel in kathmandu if arrive eary or depature late.
- Your personal expenses.
- All thebar bills.like, coke, beer, bottle of water, phone call etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
More trips in Langtang Region !
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal