Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is trek to the lakes in Gokyo valley at the high altitude over 4200m. The trek also includes the wonderful visit of the second largest glacier Khumbu Glacier in the world. The trail has wonderfully beautiful sceneries of Gokyo Valley, Mt. Gokyo and beautiful lakes, glaciers and lofty mountains including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyo etc. The view of Khumbu Glacier from Gokyo ridge is very superb one!
Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking trail is through Lukla. The trek heads up to the valley leaving Everest Base Camp trail and running off from the Nguzumpa Glacier to the Gokyo Valley. As arriving in Gokyo valley, deep blue alpine lakes and their panoramic sceneries with pleasant climb to Gokyo village are impressive. Rocky with snow scattered land and the beautiful lakes surrounded by gigantic High Mountains give pleasantly adventurous experience. Gokyo Lake is the standpoint from where you can see more than from the summit of Mt. Everest, therefore it is the best trail for viewing the mountains in Himalayan Range.
Gokyo Lake rises from the north face of Dudh Pokhari. The lake is important for the morning view of Cho Oyo for viewing fantastic mirror look. The summit of Gokyo Peak provides astonishing sunset views of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Everest and Gyachung Kang and many other peaks impressive than the views from Kalapatthar or Everest Base Camp.
Time for Nepal Total : 14 Days
Trekking Duration: 12 days
Trekking Detination: Gokyo lake and Gokyo Ri
Mode of trek: Tea house/camping
Maximum Altitude: 5346m.
Group size: 1+
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel, brief about the trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen.
Day 02: Fly, Kathmandu / Lukla (a 45 minute flight) trek to Phakding.
Day 03: Phakding / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.).
Day 04: Namche Bazar Rest
Day 05: Namche Bazaar / Dole (4200 m.)
Day 06: Dole / Machchhermo (4470 m.)
Day 07: Machchhermo / Gokyo (4790 m.)
Day 08: Excursion around Gokyo Lake climb Ghokyo Ri (5357 m.)
Day 09: Gokyo / Dole (4200 m.)
Day 10: Dole / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.)
Day 11: Nache Bazaar / Phakding (2610 m.)
Day 12: Phakding / Lukla (2840 m.)
Day 13: Flight back to Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure from Nepal as per time
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1400 m)
Welcome to the country of Mt. Everest! As you arrive in Tribhuvan International Airport, our representatives will receive you and transfer to the hotel which you have booked in Kathmandu. Hotel staffs will complete check in and manage for your accommodation. We organize welcome dinner in the hotel in the evening with our team.
Day 02: Kathmandu to Lukla flight and Trek to Phakding (2610m.)
On this day, you will be transferred to the airport for a short scenic flight to Lukla. It is less than 30 minutes flight with astonishing views of mountains, forests and river valleys. After landing in Lukla, we begin our trekking to Phakding. The trail leads to Phakding enjoying the natural scenario along the way. We stay overnight in Phakding in a lodge.
Day 03: Phakding –Namche Trekking- 6 hrs. (3446m.)
On this day, we trek to Namche Bazaar from Phakding Village through Dudh Koshi riverside. The trail is pleasant with the views of forests of pine, fir and Rhododendron trees. We reach Monjo which is the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park. The views of giant mountains are impressive while walking through the trail. We stay overnight in a hotel after exploring the surrounding area of Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization Day
It is acclimatization day in Namche so you have enough time to explore the life style of locals. Short hiking can be utilization of the time. High altitude can be harmful if we ignore resting. It is necessary to adjust your body with high elevation. Visit Sagarmatha National Park and hiking to Everest View Hotel. You can view the world’s amazing panoramic scenes of the earth and get chance to observe uniquely different Sherpa Culture.
Day 05: Namche- Tengboche trekking- 6hrs. (3867m.), 5 hrs.
After breakfast in Namche, we begin today trek. The trekking trail leads to Tengboche. The wonderful view of Mt. Everest and Mt. Aba Dablam is breath stopping for you. These giant mountains seem to be so near from there. If you are lucky, Mani Rimdu festival in the monastery gives everlasting experience of the dancing of monks wearing masks. The festival is very important of the region. Stay overnight in a lodge in Tengboche.
Day 06: Trek to Dingbouche-6 hrs. (4400m)
On this day, we reach to Dingboche with enjoying beautiful scenarios of mountains and landscape. The panoramic views of snow capped mountains and varied landscape gives pleasant experience while walking through the route. The pasture lands and some huts can be seen though the region is mostly abandoned except some settlements along the way. Stay in a lodge to spend nigh.
Day 07: Acclimatization Day
This day is rest day in Dingboche area. You can walk to explore Dingboche monastery and Chhukung village while you are free for whole day. It is necessary to adjust with body and temperature in high elevation. Hiking to Chhukung Village is best way to utilize the day. You can rest all the day with full of enjoyment of the panoramic views of Mt. Everest, Amadablam, Lhotse, Tawache, Nuptse, Kwangde etc. Stay overnight in guest house.
Day 08: Dingboche- Lobuche Trek- 5/6 hrs. (4930m.)
On this day, we begin climbing to Dugla and continue to Khumbu Glacier. The astonishing views of Tawache and Cholaste are eyes stacking. You can feel the high altitude because of extreme cold in Lobuche Village. Explore the surrounding in the afternoon and stay overnight in Dingboche.
Day 09: Gorakshep- Everest Base Camp- Gorakshep Trekking- 8 hrs. (51300m.)
On this day, Trek 3 hour to Gorakshep.stop for lunch and we trek to Everest Base Camp from Gorakshep with the astonishing views of mountains and peaks. Everest Base Camp is the point for the mountaineers to summit the peak. The experience of being at the foothill of world’s highest mountain cannot be expressed in words. We trek descend to Gorakshep in the afternoon and overnight stay Gorakshep.
Day 10: Gorakshep to Pheriche Trekking via Kalapatthar- 6 hrs. (5160m.)
On this day, we trek to the small mountain of Kalapatthar. Gigantic views of mountains and glaciers around you give a sense of heaven including close-up view of Mt. Everest, Amadablam and Pumori. We continue trekking to a small settlement of Pheriche. You can explore the village of Pheriche where stay overnight.
Day 11: Pheriche - Tengboche Trekking- 6hrs. (6189m.)
On this day, we trek back to Tengboche from Pheriche. The trail is pleasant with the views of mountains and forests impressive along the trail. We reach Tengboche village. You will have time to explore the village and surrounding. We stay overnight in a guest house.
Day 12: Tengboche-Namche Bazaar Trekking- 6hrs. (3440m.)
Retrieving journey to Namche Bazaar is pleasantly through valleys and pasturelands. We pass through Tengboche and continue through enjoying the picturesque view of Monjo valley. The distance of mountains make you feel watching for all the time. we reach Namche bazaar and stay overnight in a Lodge.
Day 13: Namche- Phakding-Lukla-7 hrs. (2800m.)
This day trekking trail follows a sandy path with strenuous walk. The trail is full of picturesque view of landscape and some mountain scenarios. You can explore Lukla Bazaar and shop local items there. You can celebrate your successful trekking there in Lukla with special brands of drinks. Evening time offers you to visit surrounding area before we stay overnight in Lukla.
Day 14: Lukla to Kathmandu
On this day, you fly to Kathmandu in the morning. This short and scenic flight possibly makes you feel nostalgic because of the glimpses of snowy mountains through private window of plane. You will be transferred to hotel where you either have leisure time or you may catch the last moments exploring the sights of Kathmandu. Shopping in market is another best option. In the evening, we have a celebration dinner together.
Day 15: Departure Day
As it is the last day, we have to bid goodbye to the guest as visit in Nepal comes to the end for this time. If you have time enough, you can have sightseeing and purchasing the token of love from Nepal. Before 3 hours of scheduled flight, our representatives will take you to the TIA. We hope you will be planning for another adventure-trip while you are on returning back to your homeland. You can extend your Nepal stay if you have time and desire too.
Cost include on:
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel. by private car/van/Bus.
- Two night's standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- Your stander meals in mountain (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All the Food in Kathmandu. Also in the case of early return from mountain (due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All the expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All the Bar bills and personal expenses (phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
Similar Trips on Everest Region !
- 15 days Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 15 days Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek
- 14 days Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
- 10 days Everest Panorama Trekking
- 19 days Gokyo Chola Pass Trekking
- 17 days Everest Renjo La Pass Trekking
- 14 days Lukla Kalapathar EBC Trek
- 19 days Rolwaling Trek
- 12 days Everest Sunrise Treks
- 22 days Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
- 18 days Dudh Kunda Trekking
- 21 days Everest 3 Pass Trekking
- 21 days Mera Peak Amphu Lapcha Pass
- 18 days Everest Himalaya Trek
- 15 days Arun Valley Trekking
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal