Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
Everest Gokyo Lake Trek is trek to the lakes in Gokyo valley at the high altitude over 4200m. The trek also includes the wonderful visit of the second largest glacier Khumbu Glacier in the world. The trail has wonderfully beautiful sceneries of Gokyo Valley, Mt. Gokyo and beautiful lakes, glaciers and lofty mountains including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Makalu and Cho Oyo etc. The view of Khumbu Glacier from Gokyo ridge is very superb one!
Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking trail is through Lukla. The trek heads up to the valley leaving Everest Base Camp trail and running off from the Nguzumpa Glacier to the Gokyo Valley. As arriving in Gokyo valley, deep blue alpine lakes and their panoramic sceneries with pleasant climb to Gokyo village are impressive. Rocky with snow scattered land and the beautiful lakes surrounded by gigantic High Mountains give pleasantly adventurous experience. Gokyo Lake is the standpoint from where you can see more than from the summit of Mt. Everest, therefore it is the best trail for viewing the mountains in Himalayan Range.
Gokyo Lake rises from the north face of Dudh Pokhari. The lake is important for the morning view of Cho Oyo for viewing fantastic mirror look. The summit of Gokyo Peak provides astonishing sunset views of Mt. Makalu, Mt. Everest and Gyachung Kang and many other peaks impressive than the views from Kalapatthar or Everest Base Camp.
Time for Nepal Total : 14 Days
Trekking Duration: 12 days
Trekking Detination: Gokyo lake and Gokyo Ri
Mode of trek: Tea house/camping
Maximum Altitude: 5346m.
Group size: 1+
Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu, transfer to hotel, brief about the trip, and well-come dinner at evening through the typical Nepalese kitchen.
Day 02: Fly, Kathmandu / Lukla (a 45 minute flight) trek to Phakding.
More Information about the trip
Day 04: Namche Bazar Rest
Day 05: Namche Bazaar / Dole (4200 m.)
Day 06: Dole / Machchhermo (4470 m.)
Day 07: Machchhermo / Gokyo (4790 m.)
Day 08: Excursion around Gokyo Lake climb Ghokyo Ri (5357 m.)
Day 09: Gokyo / Dole (4200 m.)
Day 10: Dole / Namche Bazaar (3446 m.)
Day 11: Nache Bazaar / Phakding (2610 m.)
Day 12: Phakding / Lukla (2840 m.)
Day 13: Flight back to Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure from Nepal as per time Cost include on:
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel. by private car/van/Bus.
- Two night's standard Hotel in Katmandu .
- Your stander meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Flight Ticket (LUK-KTM-LUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients).
- And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and
- Insurance for the Guide and Porter.( Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu). You should have either Nepalese Rupees or USD
- You will require 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- Food in City
- Your personal expenses.
- All the alcoholic and non alcoholic Drinks.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
What is your trip has responsibility ?Adventure Great Himalaya works closely with the AGH Social Foundation. www.aghsocialwork.org and is one of the main benefactors of the foundation; we give support to the Foundation in many different way, Our 10% income directly goes to this organization.
More trips in Everest Region !
- 15 days Everest Base Camp Trekking
- 15 days Everest Base Camp Luxury Trek
- 14 days Everest Gokyo Lake Trekking
- 10 days Everest Panorama Trekking
- 19 days Gokyo Chola Pass Trekking
- 17 days Everest Renjo La Pass Trekking
- 14 days Lukla Kalapathar EBC Trek
- 19 days Rolwaling Trek
- 12 days Everest Sunrise Treks
- 22 days Jiri to Everest Base Camp Trek
- 18 days Dudh Kunda Trekking
- 21 days Everest 3 Pass Trekking
- 21 days Mera Peak Amphu Lapcha Pass
- 18 days Everest Himalaya Trek
- 15 days Arun Valley Trekking