Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
A Easy and Short Trekking with Panaromic Mountian Views
Ghorepani Poonhill trekking is a colorful short foray into the Annapurna region. The trail winds through patchwork valleys, dense mossy forests and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool your face. Around every corner is a tantalizing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek.
This trek in the Annapurna foothills to the view point on Poon Hill offers all the best of trekking in Nepal. Enjoy trekking in the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna with the picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare (Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline. At the climax of this trek you will climb Poon Hill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountain scapes on Earth. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m) and Annapurna (8,091m) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before our eyes. A rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature and beautiful landscape.
Trekking Duration: 5 days
Starting Point: Nayapul [drive 1 houre from pokhara)
Ending Point: Nayapul
Culture: Different community, specially, Maggar and Gurung influences.
Mood of Trekking: tea house/camping
Best Time: October/November, March /April
Maximum Altitude: 3192m
Group size: 1+
Day 01: Arrive at Katmandu airport
Day 02: Drive from Katmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Bus/Car or Flight
Day 03: One hour drive to Nayapul from Pokhara and trek to Tikhedhunga.
Day 04: Tikhedhunga to trek Ghorepani..(5 hour walk)
Day 05: Hiking Poonhill - Back to Ghorepani, and Trek to Tadapani.
Day 06: Tadapani to trek Ghandruk. ( 3 hour walk )
Day 07: Trek down to Nayapul and Drive back to Pokhara. Overnight pokhara.
Day 08: Drive back to Kathmandu. By Toruist Bus.
Day 09: Transfer to international airport for your final flight departure.
Day 01: Arrive In KATHMANDU. 1390m
Arrival in Katmandu and transfer to hotel.
Brief about the trip
Welcome dinner in the evening in a typical Nepalese restaurant. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 02: KATHMANDU - POKHARA (6 hour by Bus/25 minute by flight)
Early morning, drive to Pokhara by tourist bus/car or flight. Pokhara is 200 kilometer from Kathmandu, drive by bus take 6 hour and by flight only 25 minute. The bus departure from Kantipath/Kathmandu which is near by Thamel. Check in at hotel and leisure time for exploring Pokhara. Overnight at the hotel.
Hotel & Breakfast.
Day 03: Pokhara-Nayapul-Trek to Tikhedhunga (1491m) Ulleri (1980m).
Breakfast in your hotel Pokhara (7:30) After breakfast One hour drive by car from Pokhara to Birethati (Alt. 1100 m), situated along the Modi River. Experience the hospitality of Nepalese people. Enjoy with rice terrace and green hill and series of four water fall provide excellent swimming. The trail ascends to Tikhedunga. Overnight at lodge.
Breakfast + Lunch+Dinner
Day 04: TIKHEDUNGA-GHOREPANI (2850M)
It is a steep climb to Ghorepani from Tikhedunga. Ghorepani is one of the most popular villages along the Annapurna Circuit. Many trekkers who do not have enough time to trek the whole circuit visit Ghorepani to view a magnificent panorama view of the Himalayan peaks. It is actually situated the ridge separating the valley of kali Gandaki from the valley of Modi River and it is one of the highest point along the whole trek if you do not include the Thorang pass. Almost of the villages are Magars. Overnight at lodge
Breakfast + Lunch+Dinner .
Day 05: GHOREPANI- POONHILL(3210m) TADAPANI .( 6 hour) 2540m
today is most important day of your trek. In the early morning, your guide will take you to Poonhill excursion (3210m), it takes one hour climb to Poon Hill. From there you will experience the excellent views of the peaks of Annapurna Himalayas like Dhaulagiri [8167m], Annapurna South [7119m] Fishtail [6993m], Nilglgiri south, Singa chuli , Annapurna I [8091m] and many more peaks and in spinning best view of Rhododendron flowers in its vicinity or along the trail from Ghorepani to Tadapani. That red flower called "Lali Guras. After the Sunrise view then trek down to your lodge take hot breakfast. And continu your trek to Tadapani. From Ghorepani to Tadapani it is 6 hour walk. The Trek leads mainly up and down hill through the forest. Stay overnight at Tadapani.
Breakfast + Lunch+Dinner .
Day 06: TADAPANI-GHANDRUK (3 hour) 1940m
Today is our short day just hike 3 hour mostly downhill. Ghandrunk (2012m) is the most interesting tribal Gurung village in Nepal which has provided Gorkha Soldiers. It has excellent close views of Annapurna South, Machapuchhre and Himalchuli. Overnight Ghandruk in Lodge/Hotel.
Breakfast + Lunch+Dinner .
Day 07: GHANDRUK- BIRETHANTI- POKHARA
on this day we take breakfast and walk Descend to Birethanti it takes about 4 hour. Stop for lunch in Berithanti. After lunch walk 20 minut to Nayapul and drive back to Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 08: POKHARA-KATHMANDU:
Return to Kathmandu by tourist coach or flight. Leisure time around Thamel and shopping. Overnight at hotel
Day 09: DEPARTURE
Breakfast at the hotel.Free time until transfer to the airport for departure. we will transfer you at the airport and bye bye from Nepal.
Cost include on:
- Airport pick up and Drop by private car/van/bus.
- Hotel In Kathmandu: 2 Nights standard accommodation in Katmandu.
- Your Meals in Trekking: Your standard meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking Permit: All necessary paper works and Annapurna conservation entry permits. and 'Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- Ground Transport: Ground transportation by tourist bus from Katmandu to Pokhara to Katmandu and by car from Pokhara to Nayapul where your trek start and trek ending point to Pokhara.
- Accommodation In Trekking: All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekking Guide: An experienced, helpful, friendly and English speaking Trekking guide , everything for him like his Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance.
- Trekking Porter: 1 Trekking porter between 2 guest. their food, accomodation and well paid salary.
- Hotel in Pokhara: Two night standard accommodation in Pokhara.the hotel is near the lake. you can see beautiful mountain view from roof og the hotel.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Trekking equipment: Sleeping bag, down jackets, Duffle bag and walking stick, if necessary.
- Adventure Certificate: Our Company provides Adventure Certificate.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
Cost does not include on:
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport Katmandu).
- 2 passport size photos.
- Your Travel insurance.
- Food in city like Katmandu and Pokhara.
- Your personal expenses like phone call, laundry service, shopping etc.
- All the bar bills like coke, beer, bottle of water, hot water etc.
- Extra night hotel accommodation if return early from trek or late departure.
- All the meal and accommodation in Pokhara and Kathmandu if you finished early your trek than our program.
- International airfare
- Tips for the guide and porter.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
|Budget Trip||Budget trip service including,2 Nights Tourist standard hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Guide, Porter, meal in trekking, lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek, cup of tea coffee with meal, transport by tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Kathmandu, necessary permit etc.||USD|
|Standard Trip||Standard trip service including: 2 Nights 3 star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Guide, Porter, meal in trekking, Lodge to lodge accommodation, tea coffee with meal, transport by tourist bus from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight. Kathmandu, necessary permits , Service charge, government tax etc..||USD|
|Luxury Trip||Luxury trip service including: 2 Nights 5 star hotel in Kathmandu and Pokhara, Guide, Porter, meal in trekking, Best Lodge to lodge accommodation, tea coffee with meal, transport by Private Car/ Van from Kathmandu to Pokhara, Pokhara to Kathmandu by flight. Necessary permits , Service charge, government tax etc.||USD|
Name: Peter Joseph
Country: USA (California)
Trip Feed Back: Annapurna Pooh Hill Trekking
Babu, thank you for helping me organize a great trip! Anytime you need a recommendation please feel free to have people email me. As you know, I own a tour company in California. As a tour company director, I could tell that you worked very hard to ensure that I had a smooth, safe and successful trip. Also tell Binay I said hi. He was a great guide; very knowledgeable, courteous, and kind. I wish you great success Babu, I feel very blessed to have hired you. Poon Hill was AWESOME!!
Big Red Bus
Name: Gloria Lam
Country: Hong Kong, China.
Successes Trip: 7 Days Ghorepani Poonhill Trek
I and my friend took a 5-day Ghorepani Poonhill Trek and we enjoyed the trekking very much. Babu Karki, ( Director of Adventure Great Himalaya Treks) was recommended by one of our friends. Before coming to Nepal, he was very patient and helpful to answer all my questions (eventually our email is over 30 pages in A4 size paper). After we have arrived Nepal, he has arranged everything in order. Apart from the trekking, he is also our consultant for travelling Chitwan, Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur. We cannot forget that when we had troubles with our hotel (booked by ourselves) in Kathmandu, he was willing to give us a helping hand. Many thanks to Babu.
Also I would like to thank our trekking guide, Guman, and our porter, Anup Shah. I am grateful for their help during the trekking. It is a miracle that I can finish the trekking! (I seldom go for hiking in Hong Kong.) I particularly want to thank Guman for arranging a bucket for me every evening so that I can clean up the dead sea mineral mud from my legs in the bedroom. I think few tourist would have such request in the mountain. I also thank Anup Shah for looking for me a stick so quickly when I was walking very clumsy on slippers on the way to the hot spring. (I had thought that it took only 5 minutes from the guest house to the hot spring but the fact is that it is a half an hour walk!) The stick really helped me a lot. Anup Shah, regardless the thing is heavy or light, you are always willing to help with sweet smile. Thank you very much.
Travelling Nepal is a very special experience for me. It is different from the other trips I had before. It is very challenging. Thanks again to Babu, Guman and Anup Shah who have helped me to fulfill my hope. I have no doubt to recommend Adventure Great Himalaya Treks to anyone who intends to travel Nepal.More Reviews
More trips in Annapurna Region !
- 7 days Dhampus Sarangkot Trek
- 14 days Annapurna Base Camp
- 18 days Annapurna Circuit Trekking
- 9 days Ghorepani Poonhill Trekking
- 13 days Jomsom Muktinath Trek
- 9 days Mardi Himal Trekking
- 6 days Royal Trekking
- 10 days Annapurna Sunrise Trek
- 16 days Annapurna Adventure Trekking
- 24 days Nar Phu Valley Trekking
- 7 days Australian Camp Trek
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal