Island Peak Climbing
Island Peak (6173m.) also known as Imja Tse, climbing is challenging and technically difficult climbing. It is the extension of Lhotse Shar which is very popular for trekking trail that can be reached crossing Everest Base Camp. Through Gokyo Valley, the trekking trail leads to the peak. The name of the peak is Island because it seems like an island from Dingboche. Being located on the top of Chhukung Glacier, the peak is very challenging for climbing. The difficult geographical landscape between Mt. Amadablam and Lhotse makes it challenging to reach the summit
Island Peak Climbing includes Climbing Gokyo Ri for astonishing view of Mt. Everest, Cho Oyo and many other peaks. Trekking trail leads to Chola Pass and continues to Dingboche from where Island Peak climbing route starts. The narrow summit ridge which is mixed rock and ice wall can be the most difficult section while climbing. Island Peak is reached through Dingboche with enough acclimatization on the way due to high elevation.
Trekking to Island Peak is one of the challenging adventures which goes through Everest Base Camp. Therefore, a person should be physically fit and healthy and having experience in mountaineering to climb Island Peak. The trek continues to Everest Base Camp, Kalapatthar, Gokyo Valley, Chola Pass and finally to the summit of Island Peak (Imja Tse). Climbing of this peak also includes some unnamed peaks in Khumbu region.
Time for Nepal Total : 18 Days
Walking and Climbing Duration: 15 days
Trekking and Climbing Destination : Kalapather and Everest Base camp and Island peak
Starting : Lukla
Ending : Lukla
Grade : hard
Mode of trek : Tea house/camping
Maximum Altitude : 6200m.
Minimum: 2 people.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Kathmandu exploration and preparing for trek
Day 02: Fly to Lukla 2800m. trek to Phakding 2610m.
Day 03: Phakding to Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 04: Rest at Namche Bazaar
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche 3800m.
Day 06: Tangboche Pheriche 4200m.
More Information about the trip
Day 08: Trek to Kalapattar 5545m. and back to Lobucche
Day 09: Trek to Dingboche 4300m.
Day 10: Dingboche Chukung 4730m. as approach island peak trek
Day 11: Chukung Island peak Base camp at 5000m.
Day 12: High Camp 5300m.
Day 13: High Camp summit 6160m. back to Base Camp
Day 14: Base Camp Tengboche 3800m.
Day 15: Tengboche Namche Bazaar
Day 16: Namche to Lukla
Day 17: Lukla to Kathmandu
Day 18: Fly back to your destination Cost include on:
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel. by private car/van/Bus.
- Two night's standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- Your stander meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works. Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Flight Ticket (LUKKTMLUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter. (Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.)
- Island peak climbing permit.
- Island peak Garbage fee
- All the Camping gear.
- Climbing equipment.Necessary porter
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus.
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare.
- All Food in Kathmandu. also in the case of early return from mountain ( due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary (due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- All Bar bills and personal expenses( phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Climbing boots.
- Tips for the guide and porter.
FlightAll Our trip prices do not include the international flight costs. The Domestic flight from Kathmandu to Lukla/Kathmandu is including in our Package.
Accommodations we provide
We provide all accommodations for Everest Base Camp Trek in local tea house lodges on twin sharing basis. You will have 12 nights at standard tea houses/lodges/hotels in mountain which are common rooms with sharing washing and bathroom. The lodges we choose is on standard of service and good location. During the trip in Nepal, we will provide 2 nights hotel in Kathmandu.(Hotel standard is required ) And during your trekking, If you would like to have private single room, then you can request by paying single supplement. Actually, there are several places that do not allow single accommodations in the Everest Region.