Mera Peak Climbing
Mera Peak (6476m.) is one of the attractive peaks for the climbers in Everest region. It was almost overlooked in the east of Khumbu region trekking trail. Every year, more than 700 climbers summit the peak. Mera Peak climbing is also trekking to the remote wilderness valleys with experiencing Sherpa Culture and their life style including gigantic view of Mt. Everest (8848m.), Mt Amadablam, Mt Lhotse (8516m.), Mt Kanchenjunga (8586m.), Mt. Makalu (8463m.), Mt. Cho Oyo (8201m.), Nuptse (7855m.), and Chamlang (7319m.) etc.
Mera Peak was almost ignored peak though it is the highest peak to climb in Nepal. The peak is not technically difficult. Climbing ascent is made through Mera La Pass at 5,415m. There are different approaches to access the base camp of Mera Peak. The trek to Mera Peak is pleasantly performed with full of experiences of natural beauty. The trail is full of picturesque views of forest of rhododendron, juniper, bamboos etc. The views of green valleys and flowery shrubs make the visitors to stay enjoying the garden-like beauty. The wilderness of Hinko and Hongu valley provides variety of flora and fauna to explore before entering in Khumbu region. You can have wonderful adventure while climbing Mera Peak with insightful trekking to this wilderness area.
Time for Nepal Total : 20 Days
Walking and climbing duration: 17 days
Starting : Lukla
Ending : Lukla
Grade : hard
Mode of trek : Tea house / camping
Maximum Altitude : 6654m.
Minimum: 2 people.
Outline ItineraryDay 1: Arrival Kathmandu & Transfer hotel
Day 2: Prepared permit & trekking
Day 3: Fly to Lukla & trek to Chutanga
Day 4: Chutanga - Khartitang
Day 5: Khatitang - Nau Lekha
More Information about the trip
Day 6: Nau Lekha - Kothey
Day 7: Kothey - Thangnak
Day 8: Thangnak - Khare
Day 9: Khare - Mera BC
Day 10: Rest at Base Camp
Day 11: Mera BC - High Camp
Day 12: High Camp - Climb Mera peak & Back to Base camp
Day 13: Mera BC - Khare
Day 14: Khare - Kothey
Day 15: Kothey - Khartitang
Day 16: Khartitang - Chutanga
Day 17: Chutanga - Lukla
Day 18: Lukla - Kathmandu flight
Day 19: Kathmandu
Day 20: Final departure.
Cost include on:
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel. by private car/van/Bus.
- Three night's standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- Your stander meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Flight Ticket (LUKKTMLUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.( Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.
- Mera peak Climbing permit
- Trek arrangements with tents, cook and porter/s. NMA Registered Climbing Guide for trek and climbing.
- Garbage fee.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All Food in Kathmandu. also in the case of early return from mountain ( due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary ( due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- Climbing boots.
- All Bar bills and personal expenses( phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.