Bhotekoshi River Rafting
Bhote Koshi is a river in Nepal, which is snow-fed from the melting Himalaya ranges. Located about 70 km east of Kathmandu, it is one of the seven most popular white-water rafting rivers in Nepal.
The Bhote Koshi river is very popular among rafting enthusiasts. It is the steepest and fast current river rafted in Nepal. it is the best short whitewater rafting trip. The river is usually rafted in two days, starting with the lower section on the first day from lamusangu bazar or Khadichaur to Chere village local name and the upper section on the next day from Baseri village known as 95 Km. The rapids at the lower section measure an overall of grade 3 to 4 while the upper section measure an incredible grade up to the 5.
Lamusangu bazar or Khadichaur, the trip starting point of the first day of rafting is just three hours of scenic white-water rafting & tent camping then second day drive to upper section of Bhotekoshi from Baseri village up to Lamusangu bazar. The best season for rafting is Spring & Autumn.
The word Bhote refers to its origin at the Bhot (Nepali word for Tibet). Koshi is the name of the rivers that make up Sapta Koshi (meaning group of seven rivers), The river originating in the Himalayas. "Bhote"' roughly translates as river from Tibet so there are quite a lot of rivers with this name in Nepal. This Bhote Koshi is the main branch of the Sun Koshi. The river is followed by the Araniko highway so access and scouting are relatively easy it goes to the border of Tibet and Nepal. The upper valley above Barabise town is impressively narrow with steep hill sides shooting up over 2000m from the river. And there are some dramatic and scenic gorges down at river level. Just to drive up the Araniko highway and look at the river is like reading an erotic novel it quickens the blood and excited the mind.
Technically, the upper Bhote Koshi ends just before Lamusangu town: The lower Bhote Koshi rafting put in point lamusangu toen or Khadichaur village end rafting at Chere Village.
We organize a pre-departure meeting the night before to answer questions and meet the team. Please meet at the sales office in Kathmandu at 6 PM.
Day 1: We take a trip to 95 km. east from Kathmandu is the starting point Lomosangu- Dam of the trip. This is a spectacular drive through villages and if weather permits, you will have fantastic mountain views i.e. Ganesh Himal, Langtang etc, we raft the first 10 km of the MOST exciting stretch of the river and then return to the start to play again the same stretch the next day rather than continue with only half a day paddling to the end. Drives back to our camp.
Day 2: After breakfast a quick pack up and set out (approx. 9 to 10 a.m.) run white water hit again a class 3 rapid starting from upper section. You have the second chance to show how your raft team can work well together in challenging rapids. We have lunch on the river and continue the action until the take out point Dolalghat Bazaar about 2 to 3 p.m. and bus back to Kathmandu. Our trip is over here.
Note: Rafting itinerary can be changed as per different situation.
Cost Includes On :
- Transpotation to and from Kathmandu by a tourist bus,
- Professional rafting guide and welltrained cooks, helpers and other staffs,
- All kind of rafting equipments,
- Camping & Cooking equipment (tents, mattress & kitchen gear),
- 3 times a day continental & Nepalese meals during the rafting period (breakfast, lunch & dinner),
- Accommodation in 2 person capacity tent during the rafting
- All staffs salary, insurance, meals etc,
- All necessary fees, Government/Local taxes, all national park and conservation area fees.
- Tourist service charge.
Cost does not include on:
- Personal Ecpenditure (Alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone, and laundry),
- Food & accommodation cost incase of any natural accident caused by weather,
- Tips, Gratuities and expenditure,
- Rescue & insurance such as travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal