Kaligandaki River Rafting
The Kaligandaki River is named after the Hindu goddess Kali. The River springs up on the edge of the Tibetan platue in the Upper Mustang Region. It tumbles down to the plains through Dhaulagiri and Annapurna ranges carving through one of the deepest Canyons in the world. The Kaligandaki is one of Nepal's finest and most fun medium length Rivers, merging great white water with some of the Nepal's fine scenery and fascinating villages. It runs with clear and blue water and offers breathtaking mountain views. Along the journey it travels through tiny villages and pristine land.
Day 01: Drive to the rafting put-in-point at Baglung, throughout the drive we have wonderful views of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri peaks as well as the sacred Fishtail Mountain. Upon arrival we unload gear. We serve lunch and our professional guides will give you a full safety briefing. After briefing it is straight in the grade 4 rapid Little brother followed quickly by Big Brother. If you have any doubts you have no time to think about them now! It is grade 4 to 4+ all the way! The scenery is impressive with blue green water, high sided lush green valleys and amphitheatres of golden sandstone cliffs with eagles riding the updrafts. On the left, pass a fascinating temple and ghat at the rivers confluence with the Modi Khola. Tonight we camp at one of nature's five star sites with mind blowing views and dancing waterfalls.
Day 02: Today is continuous grade 3 to 4 world-class white water with rapids like Rafter's Refund and our Breaker. Wave trains and holes abound early so watch out if you don't want to flip! Adrenalin junkies hold on tight but don't forget to keep glancing back upstream to catch views of the amazing Annapurna's. Once camped, the village of seti Beni is just a short walk upstream and guarantees to delight with its stone flagged lanes and curious youngsters skylarking.
Day 03: As we continue downstream, the river cliffs narrow eerily above us and we enter a somber canyon glistening with wet black rocks. You experience what can only be seen from the water, so drink it all in as we drift towards our take out point. After lunch we take the four hour drive back to Pohkara.
Cost Includes On :
- Transpotation to and from Kathmandu by a tourist bus,
- Professional rafting guide and welltrained cooks, helpers and other staffs,
- All kind of rafting equipments,
- Camping & Cooking equipment (tents, mattress & kitchen gear),
- 3 times a day continental & Nepalese meals during the rafting period (breakfast, lunch & dinner),
- Accommodation in 2 person capacity tent during the rafting
- All staffs salary, insurance, meals etc,
- All necessary fees, Government/Local taxes, all national park and conservation area fees.
- Tourist service charge.
Cost does not include on:
- Personal Ecpenditure (Alcoholic beverages and drinks, phone, and laundry),
- Food & accommodation cost incase of any natural accident caused by weather,
- Tips, Gratuities and expenditure,
- Rescue & insurance such as travel, cancellation, accident, health, emergency evacuation and loss.
price plan for your trips
|Trip Plan||Particulars||Price Per Person|
Nepal Trekking Regions
Nepal Travel Information
Nepal Packages Tours
- Kathmandu - Pokhara - Chitwan package tour
- Kathmandu-Nagarkot-Pokhara Tour.
- Discover Nepal Cultural Tour
- 9 Days Tours in Nepal
- Nepal Holidays Package Tours
- All Nepal Tour
- World Heritage Sites Tour
- Nepal Tibet & Bhutan Tour
- Adventure Tour in Nepal
- Helicopter Tours in Nepal
- Family Tour in Nepal
- Best Tour in Nepal