Pisang Peak Climbing
Pisang Peak 6092 m. rises above Pisang village and lush green Yak pastures in a uniform slope of ice and snow to the final pyramid like summit. Pisang peak is considered one of the easier climbing peaks among the trekking peaks of Nepal. To reach the base camp from Pisang village, the path ascends through sparse forested areas and pasturelands to Kharka (4380m), which is considered the ideal place for setting up Base Camp. High Camp is set up at 5400m, after climbing to a shoulder on the South-West Ridge.
There is snow at the high camp from the end of November to the end of March. The well-defined ridge leads to the final snow slop, which is quite steep, however, it is not difficult to reach the summit. The descent is made along the same route. Although this climb is considered to be among the easier ones of the Himalayan region, a reasonably high level of physical fitness and health is still strongly recommended.
This interesting climb starts from Besisahar in the Valley of the Marsyangdi River. The trail leads you through vastly contrasting flora & fauna towards the majestic peak of Mt. Manaslu and Lamjung Himal. A major intersection of the trail meets at Dharapani while trekking through Larkya La. The Massif of Manang valley is really rich in unique culture and landscapes in fact the Annapurna and Damodar peaks dominate the valley. The trail from here follows a demanding walk to the Pisang Peak.
A technical section takes you to a place from where you can catch the entire panorama of the Annapurna Range. The trail then ascends from the Manang valley to reach the top of the Thorong Pass at 5416m. After this you have a chance to visit the famous temple of Muktinath (3802m). The final part of the trek takes you to Jomsom from where a flight transports you across the great Himalayas to Pokhara.
Time for Nepal Total : 20 Days
Walking and climbing duration: 17 days
Starting : Besishahar
Ending : Jomsom
Grade : hard
Mode of trek : Tea house / camping
Maximum Altitude : 6092m.
Minimum: 2 people.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu.
We will meet you at the airport and transfer to Hotel. Evening dinner in neplease kitchen.
Day 2: Katmandu to Besishahar-Nadi by Bus.
Day 3: Nagdi to Chamje (1430m) 5 hour
Day 4: Chamje to Dharapani ( 1955m) 6 hour
Day 5: Dharapani to Chame (2670m) 6 hour
Day 6: Chame to Pisang ( 3200m) 5 hour
Day 7: Pisang to Pisang Base Camp (4380m) 5 hour
Day 8: Rest and Acclimation in Base camp.
Day 9: Pisang Base Camp to High camp ( 5400m) 6 hour
Day 10: High Camp to Summit (6092) bacak to Base camp 7 hour
Day 11: Reserve Day in case for weather problems
Day 12: Pisang Base Camp to Manang ( 3550m) 6 hour
Day 13: Manang to Yak Kharka (4050) 4 hour
Day 14: Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi ( 4450m) 4 hour
Day 15: Trek over Thorong Pass (5416m) to Muktinath. (3760m) 8 hour
Day 16: Trek down to Jomsom (2720m) 5 hour
Day 17: Jomsom to Pokhara by flight .
Day 18: Pokhara to Kathmandu by Torust Bus.
Day 19: Departure from Nepal As per your time.
- Pick up from Airport and Transfer to the hotel. by private car/van/Bus.
- Three night's standard Hotel in Katmandu.
- Your stander meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) during the trekking.
- Trekking permit.
- All necessary paper works.
- Domestic airport pick up and drop by car/.
- Flight Ticket (LUKKTMLUK) / domestic airport Tax.
- All accommodations in lodges/tea houses during the treks.
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS) Permit.
- An experienced, helpful and friendly Guide, porters (1 porter for 2 clients). And Their well paid Salary, Food, Drinks, Accommodation, Transportation and Insurance for the Guide and Porter.( Guide flight Katmandu / Lukla/ Katmandu.
- Mera peak Climbing permit
- Trek arrangements with tents, cook and porter/s. NMA Registered Climbing Guide for trek and climbing.
- Garbage fee.
- Arrangement of Emergency Helicopter service which will be paid by your Travel insurance company.
- Medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- All government taxes.
- Service charge.
- Drop to airport by car/van/Bus
- Nepal entry visa fee (you may easily issue the visa upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International Airport - Katmandu).
- Your Travel and rescue insurance.
- International airfare and airport departure tax.
- All Food in Kathmandu. also in the case of early return from mountain ( due to any reason) Than the scheduled Itinerary.
- All expenses in mountain over than scheduled itinerary ( due to strike, delay or canceled flight)
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu if arrive early or late departure than schedule Itinerary.
- Climbing boots.
- All Bar bills and personal expenses( phone call, laundry service, battery recharge, bottle of water, hot water, shower, pot of tea, coffee etc.
- Tips for the guide and porter.